Most Active Stories
- We raised $281,000 during our Spring Drive!!
- Eugene Withdraws Rest-Stop Near Science Factory
- Edgewood Elementary in Eugene is State Champion in Oregon Battle of the Books
- Florence STEP Part 1: Fish Conservation Organization Regroups After Hatchery Loss
- Florence STEP Part 2: Conservation Group Expands Education Program In Response To Coho Loss
Dan Plaster has been a volunteer at KLCC since 1990. He started with a shift as an All Things Considered board operator and then paid his dues with 10 years of fill in hosting for a variety of music programs. It was on The Back Porch, with mentoring from Pete LaVelle, that Dan developed his music programming chops. It was also there that the first concepts for what would become a new program took shape. The Front Porch debuted on KLCC in 2001.
Americana music drawing from traditional styles rooted in American culture. The show brings together alternative country, rock 'n' roll, bluegrass, gospel, swing and more in a celebration of their common heritage. With a focus on new releases and a healthy dose of "vintage tracks", the Front Porch transcends genres with music that is timeless.