Most Active Stories
- We raised $281,000 during our Spring Drive!!
- Eugene Withdraws Rest-Stop Near Science Factory
- Edgewood Elementary in Eugene is State Champion in Oregon Battle of the Books
- Florence STEP Part 2: Conservation Group Expands Education Program In Response To Coho Loss
- Anonymous Donor Gives $400,000 for Homeless Camp in Eugene
Sat January 25, 2014
Brushing Off The Mockery, Curlers Push For Olympic Glory
Originally published on Sat January 25, 2014 9:14 am
It's difficult to find a sport more maligned than curling, but curlers say that's changing. NPR's Jacki Lyden talks with Paul Savage, a formerly overweight Canadian curling champion who took home an Olympic medal at age 50. These days, the sport is more about fitness than it is about the beer.