Most Active Stories
- We raised $281,000 during our Spring Drive!!
- Eugene Withdraws Rest-Stop Near Science Factory
- Edgewood Elementary in Eugene is State Champion in Oregon Battle of the Books
- Anonymous Donor Gives $400,000 for Homeless Camp in Eugene
- Florence STEP Part 2: Conservation Group Expands Education Program In Response To Coho Loss
Sun September 29, 2013
Ducks and Beavers Roll on a Rainy Saturday
In the pouring rain last night at Autzen Stadium, The University of Oregon walloped California 55 to 16. The game was essentially decided in the first quarter, when several Cal mistakes allowed the Ducks to open up a 27-0 lead. The rain caused miscues and turnovers on both sides. Oregon fumbled once – it was the first turnover by the ducks the entire season.
Oregon State was also victorious yesterday at home, defeating Colorado 44 to 17. It was a day for the record books for Beaver quarterback Sean Mannion, who threw six touchdown passes and set a school record.
Oregon State plays Washington state in Pullman next week. The Ducks are on the road as well, traveling to Boulder to take on Colorado.