Most Active Stories
- We raised $281,000 during our Spring Drive!!
- Eugene Withdraws Rest-Stop Near Science Factory
- Florence STEP Part 1: Fish Conservation Organization Regroups After Hatchery Loss
- Florence STEP Part 2: Conservation Group Expands Education Program In Response To Coho Loss
- Signal 'Just Like' Emergency Beacon Detected In Search For Flight 370
Mon February 3, 2014
Frigid Weather This Week In Northwest
The northwest is in for another arctic blast this week. Snow is likely this weekend in the lower elevations, including the south Willamette Valley.
Andy Bryant is with the National Weather Service in Portland. He says it will be very cold this week in Oregon. In the Willamette Valley daytime highs will be in the low to mid 30s Wednesday and Thursday. He says overnight lows will be in the teens.
Bryant: "As we get towards the weekend we also have the threat of some snow. So we're looking at that for Saturday. Not sure how long we're going to have snow before that transitions to rain. Also, some possibility of a period of freezing rain in the midst of that on the weekend."
Bryant expects a wet few days early next week.
Because of the sub-freezing temperatures, the Egan Warming Centers in Eugene and Springfield will be open tonight with an activation alert through the week. Cottage Grove's Warming Center is also planning to open this week.