Most Active Stories
- We raised $281,000 during our Spring Drive!!
- Eugene Withdraws Rest-Stop Near Science Factory
- Edgewood Elementary in Eugene is State Champion in Oregon Battle of the Books
- Florence STEP Part 1: Fish Conservation Organization Regroups After Hatchery Loss
- Florence STEP Part 2: Conservation Group Expands Education Program In Response To Coho Loss
Thu October 3, 2013
Natural World: Orcas Island
Seasonal change can be abrupt in the Pacific Northwest. Without much warning a beautiful sunny day can be followed by a violent storm. The San Juan Islands have, over time, been connected and isolated from the mainland. This creates a unique, dynamic environment.