Most Active Stories
- We raised $281,000 during our Spring Drive!!
- Eugene Withdraws Rest-Stop Near Science Factory
- Florence STEP Part 1: Fish Conservation Organization Regroups After Hatchery Loss
- Edgewood Elementary in Eugene is State Champion in Oregon Battle of the Books
- Florence STEP Part 2: Conservation Group Expands Education Program In Response To Coho Loss
Arts & Culture
Thu February 13, 2014
New Light Coming To Downtown Eugene
Eugene's First Friday Art Walk was postponed to this Friday, Valentine's Day, because of the snow last week. Downtown will be graced with new light for folks who come to the Art Walk.
A brand new light display will be turned on at dusk Friday.
Sarah Bennett is President of Downtown Eugene Incorporated, or DEI. She says the lighting treatment is a permanent year-round installation.
Bennett: "They're custom one of a kind light fixtures. They don't exist anywhere else in the world. We can control them from our desktop. So we can program pretty much any color we want. For example, they could be green and yellow on Duck game days. They could be red-white-and-blue now during the Olympics or pink this coming Valentine's Day."
The 44 light posts are in the downtown core along Broadway and Willamette. The lights were funded by contributions from downtown businesses and private citizens.