Most Active Stories
- We raised $281,000 during our Spring Drive!!
- Eugene Withdraws Rest-Stop Near Science Factory
- Edgewood Elementary in Eugene is State Champion in Oregon Battle of the Books
- Anonymous Donor Gives $400,000 for Homeless Camp in Eugene
- Florence STEP Part 2: Conservation Group Expands Education Program In Response To Coho Loss
Sat December 7, 2013
Snow Good News For Ski Resorts
Winter conditions may mean bad news for businesses and drivers, but its good news for Oregon ski resorts. A lack of precipitation has kept some resorts reluctant to announce an opening date. Mt. Bachelor near Bend is open with 3 lifts operational, although people are encouraged to stay on groomed runs due to early season conditions. Snow is falling at HooDoo as well. Office and ticket manager Daidre Streeter says they need about 25 more inches to open.
Streeter: "Right now the snow is coming down pretty light and fluffy. And for a good base, we'd like it be more packed and icier to make a good, solid base. So hopefully the cold temperatures will help with that."
Streeter says it will probably take another strong storm soon to open with optimal conditions. Willamette Pass is also waiting more snow to be fully operational.
copyright, 2013 KLCC