Most Active Stories
- We raised $281,000 during our Spring Drive!!
- Eugene Withdraws Rest-Stop Near Science Factory
- Skaters Flood Washington Jefferson Park
- Florence STEP Part 1: Fish Conservation Organization Regroups After Hatchery Loss
- Florence STEP Part 2: Conservation Group Expands Education Program In Response To Coho Loss
Fri October 4, 2013
Washington Health Plan Website 'Cruising At 55'
After a rocky start, Washington’s health plan finder website is now running smoothly. That’s according to a spokesman for the state’s Health Benefit Exchange.
Michael Marchand said Friday that users are not experiencing the same slowdowns and other problems that plagued the website earlier in the week.
“We’re back on the road right now and cruising at 55," he says. "But we know that at any moment you got to drive defensively. So we’re very aware of what’s out there, we’re very aware of the conditions may change at any moment.”
Marchand says IT staff will continue to monitor the performance of the web portal – wahealthplanfinder.org. Applicants also have the option of calling a toll-free Customer Support Center at 1-855-WAFINDER.
The next big stress on the system could come this December just before coverage begins in January under the Affordable Care Act.
Deloitte LLP got a nearly $55 million contract to build Washington’s Exchange.